Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Kevin the Quilter and the Quilt of Valor Blocks

While searching the internet regarding Quilts of Valor, (as you know I am very interested in making one this year) I came across a wonderful blogger named Kevin.  Once I checked out his blog I knew I wanted to help with his block drive.

Kevin works with Quilts of Valor and will be attending the River Heritage Quilt Guild in Cape Girardeau, Missouri this July for the presentation. He did a post requesting blocks 12.5 square in a basic design with reds, blues, golds, white.  

Without shopping I knew I had some of these in my stash.


The design =
The main block is 12.5 x 11 and the stripe is 12.5 x 2.5
The stripe is inset anywhere within the block as long as it's straight
2 stitching lines and  press



Square up to 12.5 



I am happy to be sending him 10 blocks, it is what I could make from my stash.  When I purchase fabric in the future I will add a little yardage in an effort to send him more by June.  As a modern quilter solids are always on my list.




Have an hour to make a few blocks to send to Kevin, visit his blog here for all the details.  Quilters have the best hearts, share his blog if you know someone who can help.

I will be adding this badge to my blog in support of Kevin's Quilts of Valor, pass it on.


I still have the desire to make a Quilt of Valor, this is something I really want and will do - it's on my list








3 comments:

  1. Making a quilt of valor is on my list too. Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am just looking for the perfect fabrics, I will know when I find them

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your efforts with the block drive! What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message and share your thoughts! Messages make me smile! I will email you directly after I have read them.
Thanks for stopping by!