Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Flags for Boston

Such a busy week.

I planted some of my garden, strawberries, spinach, green beans, herbs and with rain all weekend I already have sprouts!  Frost put them under plastic or moved into the house- everything is safe.

As a member of the Western New York Modern Quilt Guild (WNYMQG)  we are joining the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild making flags for a very special Memorial Day event to be displayed.  They are calling it Love for Boston with Peace, Love and Hope

They wanted as many flags as possible for an impressive impact~ 

Front
with Quilt Guilds all over the world who better to ask?

Back
I made mine in pink and since I love green I had to add some.  I seamed all the colors I wanted together then appliqued it in the shape of a heart, added a peace sign and fringing the edges making it 3D.  I stitched Buffalo and Boston on the front in a matching pink so it would not stand out but blend in as part of the background my name on the back.

Lots of sewing this week with the opening of my ETSY store I took Monday off to catch up around the house. Check out my store SewingWilde on ETSY

Mothers Day on Sunday I do hope you had a wonderful day.  I think of my Mom, May is Mothers Day and was also my Mom and MIL's birthdays.  Miss you both.

My Mom - Happy Birthday on May 17

My MIL - Happy Birthday on May 7


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message and share your thoughts! Messages make me smile! I will email you directly after I have read them.
Thanks for stopping by!