Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Let me Bee Queen

In September I was queen for two different bees, Do Good Stitches and WNY MQG.  Before each of them started I posted the blocks I wanted for each with tutorials, DGS here and WNY MQG here.  I have received all my blocks for DGS and only have a few stragglers for WNY MQG. 

I am very happy to post the finished quilt for Do. Good Stitches which is a charity bee, I will be mailing it to Wrap Them in Love this week.


You never know how everyones blocks made from the stash they already have on hand will mix together.  I gave them a lot of options on colors and I think they came together fantastically!


I did place two on the back, one person sent me 3 and one of them was an exact double!



Of course a pocket was added to the corner with the logo patch I was sent from our leader.  I added a few borders to increase the size of the original patch, then the pocket is doubled with a split thin layer of batting and quilted before adding to the back when finishing the binding.  I made a card to insert into the pocket for the receipent, just warm wishes.



The blocks I received from WNY MQG are in the planning stage on my design wall.  Once I receive the last 6 (3 sets). I will make them into a couple of baby quilts.  

Time to link up with my favorite parties, Stitch By Stitch, Blossom Heart Quilts, Freshly Pieced and Sew Fresh Quilts ~ use the side buttons to link

Offf to sew,
Pam

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that tiny white sashing looks fantastic for the DGS quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful; you and all your helper bees did wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your DGS quilt - its gorgeous! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the use of the narrow sashing for the DGS quilt to set off the scrappy look of the stars. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message and share your thoughts! Messages make me smile! I will email you directly after I have read them.
Thanks for stopping by!